Our virtual holiday 5K run/walk fundraiser is underway! Introducing Steps for the Squad! Here’s how you can help support the BHVRS:
Join the Berkeley Heights Volunteer Rescue Squad and participate in our virtual holiday 5Krun/walk fundraiser, Steps for the Squad! Proceeds will go towards the BHVRS. We will be running the fundraiser through an app called Strava, which is free to download. This is a fun way to socially distance but still spend time with others, while raising money. Participants can join our “club” on this app and have their distance and time tracked by the app, making this a friendly competition between family, friends, and squad members! The challenge will open up at 5 am on Friday, 12/18 and will close at 11:59 pm on Sunday, 12/20. You can sign up as soon as November 1st! The goal is to raise as much money as possible, and raising $50 will get you an official “Steps for the Squad” shirt and also cover registration! Register as a family of three for $100, or more for an additional $10 per person (shirt and registration for everyone included). Donations are accepted as cash, checks made out to “Berkeley Heights Volunteer Rescue Squad” or venmo @MBS_BHVRS. While actually completing the 5K, we encourage you and your family to dress up in holiday themed costumes, and we will have prizes for the best 3 costumes. We will also be awarding prizes to the best 3 times!
1) Fill out the Steps for the Squad Google form: https://forms.gle/ovdKeFHSc4swcuy66
2) Download the Strava app on an iPhone or Android (free download)
3) Make a profile on the app with the same email you used on the Google form
4) You will receive an email invite within 2 days to join the “Steps for the Squad” team
5) Fundraise, get a shirt, run or walk, and have fun
6) Please email Nicole Segalini, email@example.com, with any questions